Brush Collection Ordinance 11.11(4)(c)
- Brush must be a minimum of two (2) feet and a maximum of six (6) feet in length. Brush two (2) feet to four (4) feet in length must be bundled and secured with twine or string. Bundles and/or branches shall not exceed 50 pounds in weight. Bundles shall not be greater than 15 inches in diameter. Side branches on larger limbs shall be removed.
- All brush to be collected must be placed at the curb or alley line, but no more than 24 hours prior to the time of collection. Maximum height of such brush piles shall be four (4) feet from ground level. Brush is not to be placed in any container.
- All brush must be loosely and neatly placed for collection. The butt ends of all branches shall face the roadway.
- Roots shall be removed from brush.
- Brush shall only be placed for collection by the owner or occupant who performed the brush trimming/removal and not by any contractor performing such work. Any such contractor shall be responsible for removal of any brush created by his/her work.
- In addition to any other penalty, any brush placed for collection which is in violation of this ordinance shall not be collected until such violation has been corrected.
Regular garbage consists of general household waste that is not recyclable. Latex paint (dried up and cover off in a plastic bag) may be placed in garbage container. No hazardous material, electronics, metal items, branches, tires or yard waste will be picked up.
Large and Irregular Garbage
Second full week of each month (Sunday – Saturday). Overflow of garbage, furniture, mattress etc. may be placed out for pickup. All major appliances will need a sticker before placing out for collection. You may purchase a sticker from the City Clerk’s office at 144 West Second Street, Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.. Refrigerants (freezer, refrigerator, air conditioner or dehumidifier) are $15.00. Non-Refrigerants (stove, microwave, oven, washer, dryer, dishwasher, furnace or water heater) are $10.00. You may also place out any other metal items at this time for no charge.
- Where: Rake leaves only onto the terrace at the edge of pavement.
- How: In low piles so children cannot be hidden from motorists’ view and close to the curb so as not to interfere with traffic. Do not put leaves in gutter, as they will plug the sewers. Please have out by 7:00 a.m.
- When: City crew will start collecting leaves the second full week of October and ending on your normal garbage pick-up day the second full week of November .
- What: Leaves only!!
Garden debris and miscellaneous debris will not be picked up.
If you have questions about your curbside recycling collection, contact Inland Service at 759-0501. Questions on what to recycle can be directed to Outagamie County Recycling and Solid Waste at 832-5277 or online at www.RecycleMoreOutagamie.org. Please remember to have your recyclables placed at the curb or alley line before 6:00 a.m. on your collection day.
The Street Department will collect a maximum of four (4) tires from residential customers only, rims must be removed. Tires are picked up twice a year, coordinated with Outagamie County Recycling and Solid Waste Department. Dates are posted when they come available.
Waste Oil Drop-Off Site
The waste oil drop off site is available for residents of the City of Kaukauna at the City Garage, 222 W. Third Street, during the hours of 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. This drop off site is for waste oil only. No gas, anti-freeze, paint, thinners, etc. can be disposed of at this site.
Yard Waste Drop-Off Site
Yard waste is only collected curbside during our Spring and Fall clean up weeks in a 2-ply Kraft compost paper bag. Otherwise, residents will be required to purchase a voucher from the City Clerk’s office at 144 West Second Street, Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., before dropping off yard waste. Cash will not be accepted at the drop-off point. The vouchers will be sold in $5.00 increments and will be good for the disposal of five bags or five cans of yard waste. No loose yard waste will be accepted. The yard waste attendant will validate vouchers. To assist City residents in the disposal of fall yard waste, the City of Kaukauna will offer the drop off site to be open for four days free of charge. Dates and regulations are under Yard Waste Drop Off Site.