City Finance collaborates with each department and stakeholders to create a budget where it allocates its resources to the various services and programs it offers in a most cost-effective way possible. The annual budget cycle begins each August and is reviewed/adopted by City Council during a special session in November.
The Budget process includes
- Coordination of citywide operating budget development activities
- Creating the Capital Improvement 5 year Program (CIP)
- Providing budgetary support and guidance to city departments
- Performing budgetary forecasting and analysis
- Engaging in long-range financial planning