Am I entitled to a court appointed lawyer for a City citation if I can’t afford one?

Not for a municipal court case. They are not “criminal” proceedings but rather are ordinance violations, which are considered “civil” offenses.

Can I make someone be a witness for me in a City case?

Yes, however you must contact the Clerk of Municipal Courts at 920-766-6333 well in advance of your Court date to obtain a subpoena form. You must prepare the form, get it signed by the Municipal Judge and have it served upon the witness. Also, you must pay the necessary $5.00 witness fee and travel reimbursement of $.20 per mile round trip to the witness at the time the subpoena is served.

Do you represent individuals who live in Kaukauna if they have legal needs?

Not at City expense. You are responsible to pay for any legal representation you require for your personal needs.

May I talk to you about a City of Kaukauna ticket that I received?

Yes – after you have followed the instructions on your ticket by either appearing as ordered before the Municipal Judge and pleading “not guilty” or by doing so by letter, if permitted on your citation. A few days after that, you may contact my office at 920-766-6318 to schedule a time to meet.