COVID-19 – Message from the Mayor
A Message from Mayor Penterman
We are continuing to monitor the developments about the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The highest priority of any municipality is to protect the health and safety of our residents and employees. At the City of Kaukauna, it is our goal to keep you informed by providing resources to help keep you safe and healthy.
We understand that public concern about COVID-19 will continue to cause people to be cautious about patronizing local businesses, keeping travel plans, and attending public gatherings. We encourage everyone to understand the facts about COVID-19 to make informed decisions.
The U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC) has multiple resources on their website dedicated to COVID-19. Some additional resources to help your organization include:
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers (CDC)
- Getting your workplace ready for COVID-19 (World Health Organization)
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak (World Health Organization)
- Pandemic Guidance (ready.gov)
- Outagamie County Health Department
- WI Department of Health Services
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
To avoid the spread of this virus, when possible please call or consider online services before visiting city hall and other city buildings. This website page will be updated continuously with cancellations and other information.
For cancellations from the Rec Department, Kaukauna Public Library, and 1000 Islands Environmental Center, click the links to the left. Their direct numbers are listed below for questions:
- Recreation Department – 920-766-6335
- Kaukauna Public Library – 920-766-6340
- 1000 Islands Environmental Center – 920-766-4733