1000 Islands Update
Updates as of 05/27/20:
The 1000 Islands Nature Center will begin a phased reopening approach on Monday, June 1st. Hours will be Tuesday through Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm. The front window will be open to the public for business including questions for staff, donations, and limited gift shop purchases. However, other areas of the nature center will be off-limits to the public at this time. Restrooms will also remain closed.
Public programming and equipment loans will be available with modifications. Stay tuned to the 1000 Islands Facebook page, as well as the city website, for updates.
Please see below for information from the 1000 Islands Environmental Center regarding cancellations and other updates regarding the COVID-19 virus.
The property and trail system remains open until 11 pm daily. Before using the trail system, please be sure you are following these guidelines and policies:
- All visitors should be healthy and free of any symptoms of illness
- If the parking lot is busy, come back another time when the trails are less congested. We strongly encourage early in the morning or late afternoon to avoid bigger crowds
- Smoking and/or vaping is not allowed on the Conservancy Zone
- Pets are not allowed anywhere on the property
- Familiarize yourself on other property policies. Signs are posted at most trail heads. Some of those policies include:
- Please stay on the trails, except to safely step aside to allow other visitors to pass
- No collecting of wildflowers or other natural items
- No littering. Please use the garbage and recycling bins responsibly
- Neither bikes nor skateboards are allowed on the trail system
Updates as of 05/06/20:
Nature center is closed. The public is welcome to call or email ([email protected]) with questions. Property and trails will remain open until 11 PM daily.
Seedling Sale Pickup has been postponed until May 16. No additional orders will be accepted.
No building or pavilion rentals until further notice
1000 Islands Committee Meetings will be held via Zoom conference calls until further notice. Please see posted agendas for call-in information.
Friends of 1000 Islands board meetings have been canceled until further notice.
March 21, 2020 – Pancake & Porkie Breakfast
March 26, 2020 – Seed Starting Workshop
May 17, 2020 – Nature’s Images Spring Arts and Crafts Fair (event may be rescheduled at a later date)
June 18, 2020 – Honey Bee Basics
August 31, 2020 – Fairy Walk