2023 Spring Election
Posted on Mar 20, 2023 by Brittany Simonson
The Spring Election will be held on Tuesday, April 4th, 2023.
- Polls open from 7:00am – 8:00pm.
- Voting locations:
- Aldermanic Districts 1 & 2/Wards 1 – 5, 16 (see map here) – vote at the Municipal Services Building (MSB)
- Aldermanic Districts 3 & 4/Wards 6 – 15 (see map here) – vote in the Community Room at the Streets, Parks, and Rec (SPAR) Building (207 Reaume Avenue)
Early voting will be held starting Tuesday, March 21st, 2023 through Friday, March 31st, 2023; Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm. All voters should vote at the Municipal Services Building.
On the ballot
- Justice of Supreme Court
- County Executive
- Kaukauna Area School Board
- Three referendum questions
- Conditions of release before conviction. Shall section 8 (2) of article I of the constitution be amended to allow a court to impose on an accused person being released before conviction conditions that are designed to protect the community from serious harm?
- Cash bail before conviction. Shall section 8 (2) of article I of the constitution be amended to allow a court to impose cash bail on a person accused of a violent crime based on the totality of the circumstances, including the accused’s previous convictions for a violent crime, the probability that the accused will fail to appear, the need to protect the community from serious harm and prevent witness intimidation, and potential affinitive defenses?
- Shall able-bodied, childless adults be required to look for work in order to receive taxpayer-funded welfare benefits?
For further details on the spring election, click here.