WEDC Announces $10,000 Main Street Bounceback Grants
The Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation announced last week the launch of the Main Street Bounceback Grant program. This grant program has a goal of reenergizing Wisconsin’s downtowns and commercial corridors by providing $10,000 grants to a business that moves into a vacant commercial space.
Kaukauna businesses may qualify for this grant if they meet the following criteria:
- You have a new or existing business that leased or purchased a vacant commercial space between January 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022.
You do not qualify for this grant if any of the following apply:
- Landlords and real estate investment firms that hold the property for investment purposes are not eligible, nor are national or regional chains unless they are an independently owned and operated franchise.
- You renewed an existing lease or moved from one commercial space to another in this timeframe.
Grant funds can be used for the following:
- Lease or mortgage payments, operating expenses, building repairs, tenant improvements and other qualified expenses.
- Funds cannot be used on storage spaces or for residential uses.
This grant is being administered by the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation, not the City of Kaukauna. All questions should be directed to the Regional Partner Contact of the WEDC:
East Central Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission
You can apply for this grant by visiting www.wedc.org/mainstreet-bounceback.