The Partisan Primary Election will be held on Tuesday, August 11, 2020, with polls open from 7:00am – 8:00pm. The same poll locations will be used as in the past:
- Aldermanic Districts 1 & 2/Wards 1-5, 12 & 14 (see map here) – vote at the Municipal Services Building
- Aldermanic Districts 3 & 4/Wards 6-11, 13 & 15 (see map here) – vote in the Community Room at the Streets, Parks, and Rec (SPAR) Building (207 Reaume Avenue)
Early voting will begin on Tuesday, July 28th and run through Friday, August 7th. All early voters should vote at the Municipal Services Building during regular business hours – Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm.
Due to the current situation around COVID-19, and to protect the health and safety of our residents and staff, we encourage you to vote absentee if possible. To do so:
- Make sure you are registered. To see if you are registered, or to get registered, visit this website – https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/RegisterToVote
- Once registered, visit https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/VoteAbsentee to request an absentee ballot.
A couple reminders on absentee ballots:
- The last day to request an absentee ballot is Thursday, August 6th.
- Absentee ballots need to be returned to City Hall by 8:00pm on Tuesday, August 11th.
- Absentee ballots can be mailed to the Municipal Services Building – Attn City Clerk, 144 W 2nd Street, Kaukauna WI 54130.
- Or they can be placed in the dropbox in the Municipal Services Building parking lot (dropbox across from visitor entrance).
- Don’t forget to sign and date your ballot.
- You must have a witness signature and date on your ballot.
- Include a return address on the envelope when mailing your ballot.
Be assured, if you chose to vote in-person on election day (or during early voting), proper safety measures will be in place.
- Plexiglass stations/shields to protect poll workers and voters when registering.
- Hand sanitizer will be available. Please use when you enter the building and when you leave.
- Poll workers will wear a face covering.
- There will be tape on the floor to mark off 6-foot increments to keep voters separated. Please follow these for proper social distancing.
- Voting booths will be spread apart.
- There will be no “I VOTED” stickers distributed at this election.
- Signage is in place to indicate need for separation.
Please call the City Clerk with any questions regarding the Partisan Primary Election – 920-766-6300.