A meeting of the City of Kaukauna Plan Commission was called to order at 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 4, 2020, by Chairman Penterman. This meeting was held via teleconference.
Members Present: Feldt, Feller, Moore, Penterman, Schoenike, Thiele.
Also Present: Planning Director Jakel, Principal Planner Brunette.
Absent and Excused: Sundelius.
- Excuse the Absent. A motion to excuse the absent Commission member was made by Feldt, seconded by Schoenike. All members voted aye. Motion carried.
- Minutes. A motion to approve the minutes of the May 21, 2020, meeting was made by Moore, seconded by Feldt. Upon roll call, all members voted aye. Motion carried.
- Update on Expanding Leashed Dog Provisions. Brunette explained that the Common Council reviewed the item and referred it on to the Legislative Committee for recommendation at their June 15th meeting.
- Update on Outdoor Dining Restrictions. Brunette explained that the Plan Commission had referred the item on to the Health and Recreation Committee where it was approved. Mr. Schoenike asked about restrictions on the permit. Ms. Brunette explained that the temporary permit loosely follows the existing outdoor dining permit with some restrictions on social distancing, enclosures and lighting. The restrictions are slightly less for businesses with less than 50% of sales from alcohol. Ms. Thiele asked if staff has received any response yet. Ms. Brunette explained that she had two requests so far and that the response has been good.
- Final Plat for Blue Stem Meadows 2. Mr. Jakel explained that this phase of the project is predominantly lots off Haas Road with infrastructure already in place. Jakel requested that the 10’ utility easement be maintained in accordance with the preliminary plat. There will be one more phase to the development with a larger number of corner lots as a circumstance of the preliminary plat. Mr. Jakel recommended that the developer provide proof of a temporary cul-de-sac at the end of Antelope Trail, an easement for Antelope and White Wolf, or an easement for the Kobussen property to accommodate snow removal, emergency access and garbage pick-up. Mr. Moore asked if the Fire Department had reviewed the plat. Mr. Jakel explained that Davel Engineering took emergency access into consideration when the plat was designed. Mr. Feldt suggested that language be amended to require all electrical service in the plat to be placed underground. He also suggested that underground utilities be required in all future subdivisions as well. Mr. Jakel agreed and explained that the underground utilities will be required in the next update to the Subdivision Ordinance. A motion to recommend to the Council approval of the final plat for Blue Stem Meadows 2 contingent on proof of a temporary cul-de-sac or easement to accommodate emergency access, snow removal and storage and garbage pick-up at White Wolf Lane and Antelope Trail; clarification of language requiring electrical service and associated infrastructure be placed underground; and review and approval of the plat by the Engineering Department, was made by Feldt, seconded by Schoenike. All members voted aye. Motion carried.
There being no further business to be brought before the Commission, a motion to adjourn the meeting at 4:20 p.m. was made by Feller, seconded by Moore. All members voted aye. Motion carried.
Community Development Coordinator