WIS 96 work begins April 6 in Outagamie County
Highway closes for urban reconstruction in the city of Kaukauna
(Kaukauna) The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region office announces an urban reconstruction of WIS 96 (Green Bay Road and Plank Road) in the City of Kaukauna from Lawe Street to Claribel Street begins Monday, April 6, 2020. Work is scheduled to finish by the end of August 2020. WIS 96 will be closed and detoured for the duration of construction.
Relyco, Inc. from De Pere, Wis. the prime contractor.
This is an urban reconstruction project that includes:
- Reconstruction of the existing roadway
- Replacement of the existing concrete pavement, curb and gutter, sidewalks and storm sewer
- Creation of on-street bicycle accommodations
- Correction of substandard intersection angles at Washington Street and Grant Street/Plank Road
The roadway will be closed and detoured from Lawe Street to Claribel Street during construction. Local access to property owners and businesses along WIS 96 will be maintained throughout the project.
- Detour: WIS 55 (Delanglade), County OO (Hyland/E Frontage Road), and County JJ
This project will provide a smoother riding surface by replacement of deteriorated concrete pavement. It will also improve safety with updated sidewalk, the addition of on-street bicycle accommodations, and intersection improvements at Washington Street and Grant Street/Plank Road.
- A WIS 96 project website is available athttps://link.zixcentral.com/u/99626342/koapQPt06hGo49d3sebghQ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fprojects.511wi.gov%2Fwis96recon.
- For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s Northeast Region, follow us on Twitter @WisDOTnortheast.
Work Zone Safety
Each year in Wisconsin, both highway workers and motorists are killed and injured in crashes that happen in highway construction zones. Motorists should slow down, be patient and pay attention to their surroundings in this and all work zones.
For more information regarding work zone rules for motorists, the new law restricting hand-held devices, and general work zone safety information, please see our work zone safety website at https://link.zixcentral.com/u/36435977/7CuqQPt06hGo49d3sebghQ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwisconsindot.gov%2FPages%2Fsafety%2Feducation%2Fworkzone%2Fdefault.aspx.
For more information, contact:
Mark Kantola, Regional Communications Manager
[email protected], (920) 492-4153