The Wisconsin Department of Justice’s Office of Open Government issued a release on March 16, 2020 advising units of local government that meetings can be conducted by teleconference and still meet the requirements of Open Meetings Law. In order to meet the requirements of Open Meetings Law, the access information must be made available to the public at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting. See the Wisconsin Department of Justice release here.
In light of the City of Kaukauna Public Health Emergency announcement of March 17, 2020 the City of Kaukauna will be using ZOOM to transition public meetings temporarily to a teleconference format. See the City of Kaukauna Public Health Emergency announcement here.
- Agendas for public meetings will be posted online and in public locations as required by state law and will include access information for the public to call into these teleconference meetings. Specific instructions for calling into City of Kaukauna ZOOM teleconference meetings is at the bottom of this post.
- The City’s ZOOM software subscription allows for up to 100 participants to attend a teleconference at once. We do not anticipate capacity issues for attendees.
- Minutes will be recorded in writing and presented for adoption at the next meeting of that body. Teleconference meeting audio will be recorded and archived and will be available upon request.
Accessing a City of Kaukauna ZOOM Teleconference:
- From a cell phone or landline phone, call the following phone number: 1 (312) 626-6799. When prompted to enter a meeting ID, enter 651 261 7664 followed by the # key. These numbers will be the same for all City teleconference meetings.
- Closed session discussions will have a different meeting ID and will require a password be entered to access the teleconference line. The unique meeting ID and password will be shared with voting members and staff.
- If you call in before the time that a meeting begins, you may be placed on a brief hold until the meeting begins.
- For best audio quality for all participants, please mute your phone when you are not speaking. You can mute and unmute your phone to speak during public comment sections of the agenda by dialing *6 from your phone keypad.