Kaukauna Housing Authority to Restrict Access to Golden Ventures Apartment – Effective Thursday, March 19th
As you may already know, Governor Evers has issued a State of Emergency for the state of Wisconsin regarding the coronavirus (Covid-19) and safety precautions are being implemented across the state, to aide in preventing the spreading of this virus. Therefore, after careful consideration and with the direction of our board members, Kaukauna Housing Authority will be implementing a safety plan to ensure we keep our tenants and staff at as low of a risk as possible during this time.
Effective Thursday, March 19th, 2020, the entry to Golden Venture Apartments will be restricted to tenants and staff only, with the exception of: essential community service providers (medical, fire, police), caregivers and USPS delivery persons. This limited access will remain in effect until further notice. The following is a list of the guidelines that will be implemented:
- Guests (family and friends) will not have access to entry of the building at any time while this safety plan is in effect. Visiting must be done off-site.
- Transporting of tenants will be limited to the tenant being picked up/dropped off without entry to the building by the transporter.
- The office will be closed to entry by anyone other than staff. Tenants needing to interact with staff may do so by using the sliding window, located next to the office door. Or by phone (920-766-4772) or email ([email protected] or [email protected])
- All deliveries from entities other than the USPS will be limited to drop off in the main entrance, where staff will intercept the delivery and items will be placed on the table located below the sliding window of the office. There will be notices posted on all entry doors regarding the protocol put into place.
- In the event you have a family member doing your household shopping for you and the items need to be dropped off, those items must be placed in the entry way and staff will gather them and inform you that they are here and help you get them to your apartment if need be.
- All public restrooms in the building will be closed. You must use your apartment bathrooms at all times. NO EXCEPTIONS…
- Staff will be following CDC and other government guidelines to keep the building sanitary and at as low of a risk as possible for cross contamination.
- You are responsible for notifying all outside persons (family, friends, etc.) about this safety plan.
- If you are not feeling well, STAY IN YOUR APARTMENT AND NOTIFY THE OFFICE!
Our tenants and staff are our first priority. While the implementation of this safety plan may seem extreme to some, we have taken direction from various agencies monitoring this situation. There is still much that is unknown about how the virus that causes Covid-19 spreads. We recognize that we have many of our residents fall within the most vulnerable group of citizens for this outbreak, so we will be monitoring the situation closely and following the guidelines presented to us to keep us all as healthy as possible.