The City of Kaukauna Fire Department has implemented the following guidelines for open-burning within the City limits –
- An annual permit is required. The permit can be issued at any time during the calendar year and expires on December 31st of the year issued.
- On the day you intend to burn, you must contact the Kaukauna Fire Department at 920.766.6320 and inform them of your intent. Please have your permit number readily available.
- Burning can be done between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 30-minutes before sunset.
- Burning cannot be conducted without a permit and/or if wind conditions exceed 10 miles per hour. You may contact the Fire Department at 920.766.6320 to find out the current wind conditions.
- A fire extinguisher or hose must be on site and readily available.
- The size of the pile of material to burn must not exceed 4-feet by 4-feet by 3-feet high.
- Materials to be burnt shall be at least 25-feet from any combustible other than grass and at least 10-feet off any property line.
- Property owners or renters may burn yard waste. This does not include business and commercial facilities. Yard waste is defined as leaves, grass clippings, yard and garden debris, and brush, including clean, woody vegetative matter smaller than six inches in diameter.
- Burning must be attended at ALL times.
- Upon completion of daily burning, the fire must be completely extinguished.
Any questions on these guidelines should be directed to the Fire Department at 920.766.6320.