The following guidelines must be observed when using a fire pit within the City limits –
- Fire pit must not exceed 4-feet by 4-feet by 3-feet high.
- Must be located a minimum of 25-feet away from any combustible and at least 10-feet from any lot line.
- Must be attended at all times while burning.
- A fire extinguisher or hose must be accessible to the fire pit at all times during burning.
- Burning is prohibited if the wind speed is greater than 10 miles per hour.
- Fire must be extinguished completely when burning is complete.
- All burning must be done in a safe and nuisance-free manner as specified by the Kaukauna Fire Department.
Any questions on the location or construction of a fire pit should be directed to the Building Inspector at 920.766.6325. Questions on usage should be directed to the Fire Department at 920.766.6320.