A meeting of the Industrial Park Commission was called to order at 8:30 a.m. on February 8, 2017, by Chairman O’Neill.
Members Present: Feldt, Grissman, Jerome, Knaus, Nytes, O’Neill, Schmidt.
Also Present: Planning Director Jakel, Mayor Rosin, Project Engineer Neumeier, Planning/Engineering Technician Holmes.
Absent and Excused: Knutson, Schilling.
- Excuse the Absent. A motion to excuse the absent Commission members was made by Feldt, seconded by Grissman. All members voted aye. Motion carried.
- Minutes. A motion to approve the minutes of the December 1, 2016, meeting was made by Feldt, seconded by Knaus. All members voted aye. Motion carried.
- Review Site Plan for Modern Dairy in IP #1. Mr. Jakel explained that the business is currently located on Crooks Avenue. There are outstanding issues with parking, vision, trailer storages and code violations and the Building Inspector is proceeding with condemnation orders. Extension cords are being used to power the trailers for cold storage. The owners are considering the former Safety Kleen building in Industrial Park No. 1 and are proposing adding a loading dock on the back to tie into the existing facility. There is no façade requirement in IP #1 and the addition will match the existing siding and paint colors. Mr. Schmidt asked if additional improvements are being proposed. Mr. Jakel explained that some interior remodeling is planned. Mr. Jerome asked about the business operations. Mr. Jakel explained that they purchase products wholesale and redistribute them to the food service industry. Mr. Knaus asked about the status of the existing building and if it may eventually become part of Horseshoe Park. Mr. Jakel explained that it is not on the market and will likely be condemned. He didn’t anticipate it becoming part of the park. Mr. Neumeier asked about other site improvements. Mr. Jakel explained that a full site plan including grades and elevations will be submitted as part of the permit application process. Chairman O’Neill asked about possible environmental issues at the new site. Mr. Jakel explained that the previous uses of the building were not likely to cause environmental issues. Mr. Neumeier asked about the storage tanks on the former Safety Kleen site. Mr. Jakel explained that he wasn’t sure if they were part of the acquisition. A motion to approve the site plan as presented as made by Knaus, seconded by Feldt. All members voted aye. Motion carried.
- Executive Session – Disposition of Property in NEWPC to Poly Flex. A motion to adjourn to Executive Session at 8:40 a.m. pursuant to Wisconsin State Statute 19.85(1)(e) was made by Feldt, seconded by Grissman. All members voted aye. Motion carried.
- Open Session – Disposition of Property in NEWPC to Poly Flex. A motion to return to Open Session at 9:05 a.m. was made by Schmidt, seconded by Knaus. All members voted aye. Motion carried.
There being no further business to be brought before the Commission, a motion to adjourn the meeting at 9:06 a.m. was made by Knaus, seconded by Feldt. All members voted aye. Motion carried.