The City of Kaukauna Fire Department has established a set of guidelines in order to use a fire pit.
Guidelines for Fire Pit Burning
- The size of the pit must not exceed 4′ X 4′ X 3′ high.
- The fire pit suggested minimum distance from any combustible is 25 feet, with a minimum of 10 feet from any lot line (Distances less than 25 feet from combustibles are subject to fire department approval).
- Fire pits must be attended at all times while burning.
- A fire extinguisher or hose must be accessible to the fire pit at all times while burning.
- If the wind speed is greater than 10mph, burning is prohibited. Wind speed information can be obtained by calling the Fire Department.
- Upon completion of burning, the fire must be completely extinguished.
- All burning must be done in a safe and nuisance free manner as specified by the Kaukauna Fire Department.
The above listed (Guidelines) have been established by the Kaukauna Fire Department and may be subject to change based on approval by the Authority Having Jurisdiction on a case by case basis. Updated 5/1/2015